Saturday, January 26, 2008

Maybes are the worst, but noncommitment is how we grow up. I agree.

I wish I could fly out of my tattered collection of twigs and land in someone else’s.
I have partial memberships to a few others, but partial isn’t good enough.
And I build my own nest and send out invitations...
Sometimes on facebook,
But everyone else is just a maybe.
A nest is only as strong as its residents.

So I’ll hope the other nests don’t disappear.
And if they do, I’ll hide away in calcium carbonate,
And pull a few others in.
We'll hatch a new life.
And maybe
One day
A nest of our very own.



Originally my blog was not to resemble an LJ nor was it to focus exclusively on ME ME ME but on LIFE LIFE LIFE. When you read the excessive I's, think of them as a universal I. Not I as in Julie, I as in HUMANITY.